You will need:
- spray bottle
- 1 c vodka
- 1 c of witch hazel (optional, but a very good option)
- 20-30 drops rose geranium essential oil (repels ticks)
- 10-20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10-20 drops tea tree essential oil
- 20-30 drops lavender essential oil
- You could also use cedarwood, citronella, clove, lemongrass, rosemary, eucalyptus, cajeput or even patchouli essential oils. I personally prefer to smell like peppermint and lavender (although, cedarwood is nice too).
Mix ingredients in spray bottle--label spray bottle. You can add more or less tea tree or lavender depending on what you want to smell like. I couldn't break down for you how many bugs one repels over another, but they do both repel bugs. I personally prefer the smell of lavender to tea tree, so next time I'm planning to up the lavender and down the tea tree and see what that does.
You may want to read Crunchy Betty's note about working with water before making any beauty related recipes using water (I bring this up because some bug spray recipes involve water, including this one by Wellness Mama)